Onside Sports Education are looking to recruit a Teacher of English and Maths, tasked with providing GCSE and Functional Skills tuition in both subjects to a cohort of post 16/adult learners linked with our range of Apprenticeships and BTEC programmes.
Owing to the flexibility of our organisation, we are looking to appoint to this position in either a part time role or on a sessional basis – to be arranged with the applicant. As our organisation grows, the possibility of this role developing into a full time position is an option for the right candidate.
Onside prides itself on its continuous professional development, and would support any successful candidate in gaining additional qualifications to aid their role.
Working under the direction of the Head of Education, our English and Maths Teacher will be responsible for effective planning, teaching and assessment of GCSE English and Maths to learners who are required to re-sit previous examinations as a requirement of enrolling on a course with Onside.
The role incorporates the following:
1. To work within the specifications and guidelines of Cambridge and Edexcel as the Awarding Bodies
2. To produce relevant schemes of work for each area of teaching provision
3. To plan challenging and progressive sessions for GCSE learners and Functional Skills learners
4. To teach individuals and small groups in an engaging and developmental manner
5. To assess the learning and progress of each learner, providing rich feedback in verbal and written form
6. To compile and maintain learner plans and records using our organisation’s e-portfolio
7. To attend any relevant internal training or external events or workshops as required
8. To adhere to the policies and procedures of Onside Sports Education
Formal Teaching Qualification eg: PGCE
Strong background in Education
Proven track record of teaching and learning within GCSE and Functional Skills frameworks
Level 3 qualification in Assessment
Background or strong interest in Sport, Fitness and Exercise
Dependent on experience
The right applicant will be expected to work flexibly to meet the demands of the job; this may include evenings and weekend work as agreeable by the learner and their employer.
If you are keen to undertake a new challenge, please e-mail a covering letter, based against the essential and desirable criteria, and a copy of your current CV to Jo.Watson@onsidesportseducation.co.uk.